1 an estate held in fee simple or for life
2 tenure by which land is held in fee simple or for life
Freehold may refer to:
- Fee simple: interest in real property, as opposed to leasehold
- Freehold (Scots law): a term similar to fee simple, but not identical in meaning.
- customary freehold, privileged copyhold or copyhold of frank tenure.
- places in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States:
- Freehold Township, Pennsylvania, United States:
- Board of Chosen Freeholders, an elected county official in the state of New Jersey
- Freehold, a Victorian terraced area in the north east of Lancaster, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Freehold, Iowa, the fictional location of the headquarters of the Landover Baptist Church
- Farnham's Freehold, a novel written by Robert A. Heinlein in 1965
- Freehold (novel), 2004 science fiction novel by Michael Z. Williamson
acres, adverse possession, alluvion, alluvium, alod, alodium, arable land, burgage, claim, clay, clod, colony, crust, de facto, de jure, dead hand, dependency, derivative title, dirt, dry land, dust, earth, estate of freehold, fee fief, fee position, fee simple, fee simple absolute, fee simple conditional, fee simple defeasible, fee simple determinable, fee tail, feodum, feud, fiefdom, frankalmoign, free socage, gavelkind, glebe, grassland, ground, having title to, hold, holding, knight service, land, landholdings, lay fee, lease, leasehold, legal claim, legal possession, lithosphere, mandate, marginal land, marl, mold, mortmain, occupancy, occupation, original title, owning, possessing, possession, preoccupancy, preoccupation, prepossession, prescription, property, property rights, proprietary rights, real estate, real property, region, regolith, seisin, socage, sod, soil, squatting, subaerial deposit, sublease, subsoil, tenancy, tenantry, tenure, tenure in chivalry, terra, terra firma, terrain, territory, the country, title, topsoil, underlease, undertenancy, usucapion, villein socage, villeinhold, villenage, woodland